Making a smooth transition from summer salads to soul soups. Something to comfort and cuddle-up through theses days of downpour. Today I made this pureed Leek Potato Soup from freshly harvested produce from Krishi Cress farm. Garnished this plant-based bowl with caramalised leeks and evoo. Perfect companion for a weekday (eat-clean) dinner situation.
3 leeks, sliced
2 potatoes (semi-boiled)
5 cloves garlic
3 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook leeks in olive oil over medium heat until golden.
- Add in the roughly chopped potatoes, onion and garlic to the pan with leeks
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss again. Cook till vegetables are soft with the lid on.
- Uncover the pan, pour in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Remove from heat and let it chill to room temperature
- Purée in a blender until silky smooth, in batches if necessary, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with caramelized leeks and evoo